A Complete Service
Heritage Educational Planning is a family organisation with many years experience, which specialises in offering a comprehensive guardianship service to children when they are studying in the United Kingdom.
Heritage offers care and guidance throughout the Academic Year and will assist your child in an appropriate manner.
Heritage supports a balanced approach to academic studies and encourages participation in musical, sporting and cultural activities.
Heritage families are carefully selected and provide a warm and friendly environment during school holidays.
Pre visit planning
Before your child arrives Heritage, where appropriate, will:
- Where a school has already been chosen for your child, liaise with the school.
- Where a school has not yet been chosen for your child, help you find a suitable school
- Assist with the establishment of financial arrangements and personal insurance
- Assist you with travel arrangements for your child and your own travel arrangements and accommodation arrangements should you choose to accompany your child.
From the moment your child arrives in the United Kingdom, Heritage will arrange to:
- Welcome your child at the airport
- Take your child to their boarding house, school or college
- Introduce your child to the appropriate school staff and help them settle
- Help your child with the purchase of their school uniform, sports equipment, Pay As You Go mobile phones etc as appropriate
During the Academic Year
Whilst your child is attending school or college, Heritage will:
- Liaise with you, your child and the school where necessary (i.e. Travel arrangement, studies, illness etc)
- Monitor progress and attend parent/teacher meetings reporting to you where appropriate
- Attend school and college functions to support your child, if appropriate
- Offer assistance with the choice of GCSE, AS/A2 subjects, Universities etc at the request of parents.
- Arrange accommodation with a Heritage family for your child during the schools published exeat and half term holidays. Organise activities during half terms where appropriate at the request of parents. Organise Easter Revision programmes at the request of parents. Arrange accommodation with Heritage families at longer holidays.
- Respond to genuine emergencies (illness, bereavement, suspension, expulsion etc)
- Provide 24 hour emergency contact
Heritage is fully responsible to all the statutory authorities for children under the Children Act of 1989 including the Department of Health & Social Services.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Office Insurance
- Business and Personal Car Insurance
Heritage knows the importance of children having a relaxed settled home during school holidays. Our families are carefully selected, monitored and most have worked with Heritage for many years.
24 Hour Emergency contact
Heritage provides a 24 hour emergency telephone number which is available to you, your child, your child’s school and the Heritage family throughout the Academic Year.
What is included in the cost:
- 24 hour emergency telephone contact throughout the academic year.
- Response to genuine emergencies
- Care and assistance via telephone/email throughout the academic year.
- Transfer to and from local airports at the beginning and end of each term.
- Compliance with unaccompanied minor Regulations as defined by the relevant Airline (for those children travelling as unaccompanied minor)
- Transfers to and from school and Heritage Family at the beginning and end of the school’s published exeat and half term holidays.
- Attendance on your behalf at the published Parent/Teacher Meetings appropriate to your child’s year group thereafter we will provide you with our written report on the teachers' comments.
- Assistance with postal applications where visas are required to participate in
school trips (excluding Embassy charges and the costs of a personal visit)
What is additional to the cost:
- Accommodation charges
(Please note accommodation is automatically arranged each half term and exeat). If this is not required, please inform us as early as possible but no later than 14 days prior to the commencement of the exeat or half term in order to avoid charges being incurred.
- Embassy charge for visa applications for school trips etc
- Personal visit to Embassies, if necessary
- Reasonable charges incurred in responding to an emergency.
- Transfer to and from any airport at half term.
- Transfer to and from non-local airports at the beginning and end of each term
- Cost of activities/revision courses organised at the request of the parent
Our service can be provided with or without airport transfers to suit your child’s needs. We are always happy to answer any questions or queries you may have. Please contact Heritage on 01423 520126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information including the costs of the service we provide.